optimium: baobab, dune and saloum
Roundstrip 4 : 5 days
Day 1: EUROPE–AIBD Airport–MBOUR (45 km/ 30mn)
- Welcome and assistance at the airport.
- Transfer of Participants to the Petite Côte (Little Coast).
Day 2: ANIMAL RESERVE OF BANDIA– SALOUM REGION (160 km/ 3h)
- After the meeting of information, departure for visiting the great mammals living in the reserve (giraffes, rhinoceros, antelopes, monkeys,…).
- Way to Fadhiout Island built on a heap of shells. The charm of the village is the lack of delimitation between the houses.
- Overnight stay at Palmarin in the holiday cottage of Yoyam or similar accommodation structure.
Day 3: PALMARIN – SIMAL (40 km/ 1h)
- Sea link by motorized pirogues for discovering the fauna and flora consisting mainly of mangrove forests.
- In the afternoon, way down to Simal at the border of Saloum.
- Cart cruise for visiting the village.
- Overnight stay at the eco–lodge of Simal or similar accommodation structure.
Day 4: SIMAL–LOMPOUL (110 km/ 3h)
- Way on for crossing the large plain and savannah of Senegal.
- Departure for discovering the small villages inhabited by the community Serer practicing the traditions jealously preserved.
- Overnight stay in a Mauritanian tent at the eco–lodge of Lompoul or similar accommodation structure.
Day 5: LOMPOUL – LAC ROSE – MBOUR (245 km/3h 30mn)
- Way and path to reach Lac Rose.
- Meeting with collectors of salt.
- Lunch and way back to Petite Côte (Little Coast).